Belgrade, March 1, 2017 – The Hellenic Business Association of Serbia organized the annual event of traditional “vasilopita” cutting at hotel Hyatt Regency Belgrade, for the 11th consecutive year. The event was attended by members of the HBA, representatives of the Greek business community in Serbia and representatives of the Greek embassy in Belgrade.
The president of the HBA, Mr. Georgios Papanastasiou, during his speech stressed: “It is very important that despite the difficult circumstances that unfortunately Greece is still facing, the Greek presence in the wider business community in friendly Serbia and its contribution to the local economy remains very important. Our members continue to have a leading presence in key sectors such as financial services, the hotel industry, the construction sector, the area of retail etc”.
Mr. Papanastasiou also added that HBA’s main goals remain the same:
– to represent the Greek business community in Serbia in a manner worthy of the size, timelessness, contributions, and quality
– to strengthen the extroversion of the Association and its recognition by the institutions in the country
– to further tighten relations (business and social) between companies-members
– to promote contacts and cooperation both among HBA members and the wider Greek business community as well as other actors of the Serbian economy.
– to intensify the promotion of Serbia as a potential investment destination to the Greek authorities and the Greek business community
H.E. Greek Ambassador to Serbia, Elias Eliades also addressed guests wishing success to the work of the HBA.
At this year’s event the Hellenic Business Association of Serbia has awarded company Alumil and hotel Metropol Palace for the tenth anniversary of membership, as well as companies Eurofast and Rokas for their special long term contribution to the work of Association.
The annual event ended with the traditional cake cutting and the one who won the lucky coin was Mr. Majo Hodzic, director of company FastStart.